Individuals with mental illness – particularly those with accompanying medical conditions – often struggle with maintaining the care required to be healthy. Preventive care, follow-through and coordinating information from multiple providers are a challenge. When unmet, the result is inappropriate care and a reliance on high-cost emergency facilities.
Effective behavioral health solutions ensure appropriate, high-quality care; integrate medical and behavioral health needs; ease administrative burden; and provide prevention and early intervention. Focused on working with providers, state agencies, and community resources to support individuals in improving their quality of life.
With our roots in behavioral health, APS has a firm understanding of the complex treatment needs and diversity of individuals with mental illness. Our services recognize the whole person and promote consumer and family driven care.
- Administrative services
- Utilization review
- Pre-admission screening and resident review (PASRR)
- Child welfare socially necessary services
- Medical necessity reviews
- Care coordination
- Substance abuse services
- Provider education, audits and technical assistance
- Developmental disability waiver budgetary model
- Onsite inspection of care compliance and quality audits
- Specialized program for persons with serious mental illness (SMI)